Vision & Mission Statement of Faith Classical Education Why the Classics? The Trivium Additional Resources Administration Board of Directors Directions Information Meetings
Statement of Faith
The following statements are the basic elements of Christianity that will be taught, and which the policies and practices of Blackburn Study Center shall reflect, at all grade levels.
1. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and the final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe the God we serve is the creator and sustainer of all things, and the source of all truth. He is holy, righteous, good, loving and full of mercy.
3. We believe that God upholds, disposes and governs all creatures, actions and things, and that God, in His ordinary providence, makes use of means, yet is free to work without, above or against them at His pleasure.
4. We believe that because of Adam’s sin all mankind is in rebellion against God. For the salvation of such lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe in the true deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, in his sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
6. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone, and that good works, done in obedience to God’s commandments, are the fruits and evidences of a true and lively faith.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.