Although parents of Blackburn students have employed tutors to help meet their goals, they retain the primary responsibility for the education and upbringing of their children. Blackburn Study Center strongly recommends and encourages close parental involvement. Each family is expected to participate in the following ways:
- Pray for our children, their tutors, and the direction of their education.
- Oversee your children’s class work, and work with them on any assignments to be completed at home.
- Provide diligent instruction on non-study center days and in the additional subjects that comprise the balance of your children’s curricula.
- Attend all parent-tutor conferences. Informal conferences may be held if necessary at the request of the parent or tutor.
- Be aware of and praise your child’s progress.
- Read and respond (when necessary) to all paperwork sent home by Blackburn Study Center. This is essential to the efficient running of the Study Center.
- Serve as Parent of the Day on a rotational basis.
- Communicate your ideas for improvement. We want to hear from you!